The French Press uses the immersion brewing method. It's great for 3-4 cups at a time. This method is a great low maintenance way to get a great cup of coffee with minimal equipment necessary.
For the French Press, we use the 1 to 15 coffee to water ratio. In this video we'll be using 56 grams of coffee and 840 milliliters of water.
- Grind as coarse as possible
- Add your ground coffee and tare (zero out) your scale
- Add 112 milliliters of water and stir with a plastic or wooden spoon and allow to bloom for 30 seconds
- Gently add remaining water and stir a few times
- Allow to steep for an additional 3 minutes and 30 seconds
- Plunge and decant
- Pour coffee from decanter into mug