The V60 uses the pour over method. It's great for 1 to 1.5 cups at a time and yields a very bright cup. For the V60, we use the 1 to 16 brew ratio.
In this video we will show you how to brew 25 grams of coffee to 400 milliliters of water. This will yield just over one full cup of coffee.
- Grind coffee to a medium fine grind size
- Heat your water to about 205 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse your filter, this removes any paper flavor and preheats your vessel
- Discard rinse water
- Add ground coffee into the filter and tare (zero out) your scale
- Add 50 grams of water and allow coffee to bloom for 60 seconds
- Add 350 milliliters of water until you reach your desired water weight of 400 milliliters by 2 minutes. This allows for an even and balanced extraction
- Your coffee should finish dripping by 2 minutes and 30 seconds
- If it takes too long, your grind is too fine and if it brews too quickly, your grind is too coarse